Woody Biomass Utilization News and Events
We will provide information about woody biomass utilization-related news, meetings, conferences, training opportunities, and activities. Links to proceedings to conferences and workshops may also be found on this web page.
- July 31–August 1, 2013: Biomass 2013: How the Advanced Bioindustry is Reshaping American Energy
Tthe Bioenergy Technologies Office (BETO) and Advanced Biofuels USA will co-host the Office's sixth annual conference, Biomass 2013: How the Advanced Bioindustry is Reshaping American Energy, at the Washington, D.C. Convention Center, July 31–August 1, 2013. This year's conference will highlight the successes of the bioenergy industry over the past 20 years and provide a forum to exchange ideas, showcase new technologies, and discuss opportunities for the future. Like previous BETO conferences, the event will feature high-profile speakers from Congress, federal agencies, industry, and environmental organizations. The Biomass 2013 Agenda outlines events from the conference, including information about the exciting breakout sessions.
Biomass Event Calendars
- Energy Conferences
- Forest Engineering Incorporated Training and Workshops
- Forest Products Laboratory Upcoming Events
- Forest Products Society
- Southern Center for Wildland-Urban Interface Research & Information
- Southern Regional Extension Forestry
- Western Forestry Leadership Coalition Events Calendar
Presentations and Proceedings
- Woody Biomass Utilization Group (WBUG) Meeting and Webinar - June 25, 2013
- WBUG Woody Biomass Utilization Group presentation to the Biomass R&D Board on December 12, 2012, by John Ferrell, Biomass Program, Department of Energy (PDF, 1 MB)
- Woody Biomass Utilization Group (WBUG) Partners Meeting, October 16, 2012, Department of Energy Headquarters, Washington DC
- SmallWood 2010: "Bridges, Business and Biomass, April 20-22, 2010, Hot Springs, Arkansas
- RETECH Distributed Energy Side Event - February 4, 2010
- Quarterly Interagency Woody Biomass Utilization Group Partnership Meeting - June 9, 2009
- Incentives for Biomass Utilization at the Federal Level (PDF, 0.4 MB) - presentation by Marcia Patton-Mallory, PhD, Biomass and Bioenergy Coordinator, U. S. Forest Service, at: Can Forests Meet Our Energy Needs, The Future of Forest Biomass in Colorado, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO, February 21, 2008.
- Biofuels from Forest-Based Biomass, 2008 AAAS Annual Meeting, Boston, Massachusetts, February 18, 2008, Speakers' Presentations
- Sustainability and Bioenergy from Forests (PDF, 1.9 MB) - presentation by Marcia Patton-Mallory, PhD, Biomass and Bioenergy Coordinator, U. S. Forest Service, Harvesting Green Energy Conference, Fort Collins, CO, January 29, 2008.
- Woody Biomass Utilization (PDF, 1.9 MB) - presentation by Marcia Patton-Mallory, PhD, Biomass and Bioenergy Coordinator, U. S. Forest Service, CSU Biomass Short Course, Fort Collins, CO, January 2008.
- Colorado’s New Energy Economy - The Path Forward, October 30, 2007, Presentations of Speakers
- Making Wood Work: Local Energy Solutions, October 16-18, 2007
- Advancing Renewable Energy Conference, October 10-11, 2006
- Forest Products Society, Past Conferences