Woody Biomass Utilization News and Events
We will provide information about woody biomass utilization-related news, meetings, conferences, training opportunities, and activities. Links to proceedings to conferences and workshops may also be found on this web page.
Biomass Event Calendars
- Events: Bioenergy Knowledge Discovery Framework (KDF) - U.S. Department of Energy
- Energy Conferences
- Forest Engineering Incorporated Training and Workshops
- Forest Products Laboratory Upcoming Events
- Forest Products Society
- Southern Center for Wildland-Urban Interface Research & Information
- Southern Regional Extension Forestry
- Western Forestry Leadership Coalition Events Calendar
Presentations and Proceedings
- Woody Biomass Utilization Group (WBUG) Meeting and Webinar - June 25, 2013
- WBUG Woody Biomass Utilization Group presentation to the Biomass R&D Board on December 12, 2012, by John Ferrell, Biomass Program, Department of Energy (PDF, 1 MB)
- Woody Biomass Utilization Group (WBUG) Partners Meeting, October 16, 2012, Department of Energy Headquarters, Washington DC
- SmallWood 2010: "Bridges, Business and Biomass, April 20-22, 2010, Hot Springs, Arkansas
- RETECH Distributed Energy Side Event - February 4, 2010
- Quarterly Interagency Woody Biomass Utilization Group Partnership Meeting - June 9, 2009
- Incentives for Biomass Utilization at the Federal Level (PDF, 0.4 MB) - presentation by Marcia Patton-Mallory, PhD, Biomass and Bioenergy Coordinator, U. S. Forest Service, at: Can Forests Meet Our Energy Needs, The Future of Forest Biomass in Colorado, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO, February 21, 2008.
- Biofuels from Forest-Based Biomass, 2008 AAAS Annual Meeting, Boston, Massachusetts, February 18, 2008, Speakers' Presentations
- Sustainability and Bioenergy from Forests (PDF, 1.9 MB) - presentation by Marcia Patton-Mallory, PhD, Biomass and Bioenergy Coordinator, U. S. Forest Service, Harvesting Green Energy Conference, Fort Collins, CO, January 29, 2008.
- Woody Biomass Utilization (PDF, 1.9 MB) - presentation by Marcia Patton-Mallory, PhD, Biomass and Bioenergy Coordinator, U. S. Forest Service, CSU Biomass Short Course, Fort Collins, CO, January 2008.
- Colorado’s New Energy Economy - The Path Forward, October 30, 2007, Presentations of Speakers
- Making Wood Work: Local Energy Solutions, October 16-18, 2007
- Advancing Renewable Energy Conference, October 10-11, 2006
- Forest Products Society, Past Conferences