Fuels Treatment Accomplishment Reports
- Hazardous Fuels Reduction and Landscape Restoration Accomplishments Fiscal Years (FY) 2001-2013 (PDF, 214 KB)
Select a state on the map below or using the dropdown menu below the map to see DOI and USDA Fuels Treatment Accomplishments for the state by fiscal year. The reports include acres of fuels treated by prescribed fire and mechanical means in the wildland-urban interface and on other areas of federal land.
Fiscal Year 2009
- Hazardous Fuels Reduction & Landscape Restoration Accomplishments
FY 2009 (PDF, 167 KB)
- Fire and Aviation Management Fiscal Year 2009 Accountability Report (PDF, 10.3 MB)
- Quadrennial Fire Review 2009 (PDF, 795 KB)
Fiscal Year 2008
- Healthy Forests Report FY 2008 Accomplishments (PDF, 96 KB)
- Healthy Forests Report, June 2008 (PDF, 123 KB)
- An Assessment of Fuel Treatments on Three Large 2007 Pacific Northwest Fires: A report to Fire Directors Ken Snell and Carl Gossard, Pacific Northwest Region, USDA Forest Service, and Oregon State Office, USDI Bureau of Land Management, December 2007 (PDF, 4.7 MB)
- Fuel Treatment Effectiveness and Effects Monitoring in the Pacific Southwest Region 1999-2006 Manager’s Summary, November 2007 (PDF, 2.2 MB) - This report contains a summary of the objectives, design, protocol, results to date, and adaptive management implications of fuel treatment effectiveness and effects monitoring in the Pacific Southwest Region from 1999 to 2006.
Fiscal Year 2007
- 2007 Executive Summary - Firewise Communities/USA® Project Report (PDF, 1.0 MB)
- Healthy Forests Report - FY 2007 Accomplishments, December 11, 2007 (PDF, 96 KB)
- U.S. Forest Service, Fire and Aviation Management Fiscal Year 2007 in Review (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- An Assessment of Fuel Treatment Effects on Fire Behavior, Suppression Effectiveness, and Structure Ignition on the Angora Fire, August 2007
- 2006 Healthy Forests Review Report, May 2007 (PDF, 494 KB) - U.S. Forest Service report of the review of its use of the Healthy Forests authorities.
- Healthy Forests Report, May 2007 (PDF, 99 KB)
Wildland Fire Management: The National Fire Plan (2007 Budget Justification) (PDF, 74 KB)
In 2000, the President requested the Secretaries of the Departments of Agriculture and Interior to prepare a report recommending how to respond to severe, ongoing fire activity, reduce impacts of fires on rural communities and the environment, and ensure sufficient firefighting resources in the future. The report, Managing the Impacts of Wildfire on Communities and the Environment: A Report to the President in Response to the Wildfires of 2000 (PDF, 87 KB), became the cornerstone of what is known as the National Fire Plan. Acting on Presidential and Congressional direction in 2001, the Secretaries of Agriculture and the Interior joined State governors and other partners in developing the 10-Year Comprehensive Strategy and its subsequent Implementation Plan to further develop a coordinated strategy addressing the threats posed by wildland fire.
The budget request for 2007 continues to reflect the President’s concern about the vulnerability of people and their property to the destruction caused by unwanted and uncontrolled wildfires.
Fiscal Year 2006 Reports
Fiscal Year 2005 Reports
- Quadrennial Fire and Fuel Review Report, March 30, 2005 (PDF, 285 MB)
Fiscal Year 2004 Reports
- Large Fire Suppression Costs: Strategies for Cost Management: A Report to the Wildland Fire Leadership Council from the Strategic Issues Panel on Fire Suppression Costs (PDF, 1.2 MB)
Fiscal Year 2003 Reports
- Consolidation of 2003 National and Regional Large Incident Strategic Assessment and Oversight Review Key Findings, September 22, 2003 (PDF, 70 KB)
Fiscal Year 2002 Reports
- An Initiative for Wildfire Prevention and Stronger Communities - White House Report
- Interior Secretary Norton's Presentation on Healthy Forests (PDF, 6.06 MB)
- FY 2002 Performance Report National Fire Plan (PDF, 4.7 MB)