Cohesive Strategy Communicator's Tool Box
We will share tools to communicate about the Cohesive Strategy, fire adapted communities, fire resilient landscapes, more effective fire response, and fire prevention education. We will post templates, PowerPoint presentations, displays, podcasts, how-to-guides, and other communication aides on this web page.
The Communication Framework is designed as a roadmap for effective communication and collaboration activities.
- The Fire Adapted Communities® Infographic (PDF, 10.1 MB)
- The Fire Adapted Communities Brochure
- National Cohesive Wildland Fire Management Strategy - Nationally Informed, Locally Relevant, Partnership Driven (PDF, 2.8 MB)
Frequently Asked Questions
Key Themes and Messages
- Cohesive Strategy Talking Points Pre-Season 2013 (PDF, 75 KB)
- The Cohesive Strategy (PDF, 229 KB)
- Key Messaging: National Cohesive Wildland Fire Management Strategy (PDF, 120 KB)
- Responding to an Escalating National Problem (PDF, 96 KB)
- The Cohesive Strategy (.pptx, 830 KB)
- Cohesive Strategy:
How it approaches fire – the local fire chiefs perspective (ppt, KB)
Shawn P. Stokes, Assistant Director of National Programs for Wildland Fire, International Association of Fire Chiefs
- National Cohesive Wildland Fire Management Strategy - Background and Progress Update March 2012 (.pptx, 420 KB)
Dan Smith, Fire Director, National Association of State Foresters, and Ann Walker, Forest Health Program Director, WGA
- Using Science to Inform Policy: A Cohesive Strategy for Wildland Fire Management (.pptx, 11.1 MB)
Using data and modeling to examine wildland fire management options and the Cohesive Strategy products of the National Science Team. Presented by Danny C. Lee, Ph.D., Director Eastern Forest Environmental Threat Assessment Center, USDA Forest Service, .