Wildland Fire Leadership Council Meeting
March 10, 2011
- Proposed language changes to Cohesive Strategy reports approved. Once changes are made, the reports will be forwarded to the Secretaries of Agriculture and Interior for signature.
- Target date for press release announcing Cohesive Strategy reports set for March 17, 2011.
- Proposed membership for Cohesive Strategy Regional Strategy Committees (RSC) approved. Glenn Gaines will serve as conduit to RSC for information and participation from FEMA-DHS Emergency Services.
- Proposed membership for the Wildland Fire Executive Council approved.
- Once Cohesive Strategy reports are signed and released, follow-up visits with Congressional members will be scheduled.
- Letters of support from partner organizations in Cohesive Strategy effort may be submitted and included in transmittal package to Congress and on the website (www.forestsandrangelands.gov).
- Submit additional names for Regional Strategy Committees ASAP to Jenna Sloan.
- Complete talking points and briefing material on the role of CRAFT (Comparative Risk Assessment Framework and Tools) for Cohesive Strategy presentations.
- Publish Federal Register Notice of Meetings for the Wildland Fire Executive Council.
- Identify member to represent the National League of Cities on the Wildland Fire Executive Council.
- WFLC members submit comments on draft LANDFIRE charter to Frank Fay and Henry Bastian by May 1, 2011.
- Present final draft of new LANDFIRE charter at next WFLC meeting for approval and signature.